September 27, 2014

Squeaky audio with WinUAE

After firing up WinUAE after a while and loading in an old Legend save I noticed that the audio would squeak/distort every few seconds. After trying a number of suggestions from places with nothing making any difference (sound buffer size, interpolation, audio filter, sound driver, along with a number of display settings) I noticed an option under CPU and FPU titled CPU Emulation Speed. Default setting was Fastest possible, toggling this to Approcimate A500/A1200 or cycle-exact fixed the audio problems and also dropped CPU usage from being pegged at 100% to <10%.

  • LinkedIn
  • Tumblr
  • Reddit
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • Pocket